Making You Nice And Comfortable
Anesthesia plays an important role in many of our procedures, whether it’s for extractions, implants or corrective surgery. Our doctors are certified to carry you through the process, both during your operation and after in your recovery.
Remember there are two things that don’t have to scare you. Those two things are 1) anesthesia and 2) asking questions about anesthesia. We are always here to talk to you about any of your concerns.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink after midnight the day before the appointment. A small amount of water may be taken for pre-operative medications
- No smoking for 48 hours after surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear acrylic “false” nails on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.